You have a knack for seeing how things are related and connecting them in ways that prove valuable at the micro and macro levels. You’re excited and fascinated by the ever-changing digital marketing landscape and its potential for pushing forward compelling marketing messages that make an impact on both users and organizations alike.
You’ll do all these things and more as a Digital Marketing Strategist at Geonetric. In this role, you’ll use data to drive web and digital marketing recommendations to healthcare clients that help them meet organizational goals—and then implement those recommendations and measure the results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While you might get to work on just about everything at Geonetric, you’ll primarily:
- Gather information from clients regarding their current marketing strategy, performance and goals in order to plan new approaches.
- Develop unique web strategies and digital marketing solutions—defining how success will be measured for each—and help connect them back to clients’ organizational goals.
- Use data analysis, tracking and research, including the use of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, VitalSite, paid advertising platforms, social media channels and other tools, to assess the impact of digital marketing initiatives on online goals.
- Create, execute and manage online marketing initiatives, including paid search, social media and search engine optimization.
- Plan and manage ongoing digital marketing projects to meet client needs and expectations.
- Create paid search campaigns, including keyword research, bid management, ad copy, targeted landing pages and trackable calls to action.
- Create clear, concise and compelling healthcare-specific web content and/or marketing content—such as social media posts, blog posts, eBooks, infographics and video scripts—using client style guides and SEO best practices.
- Collaborate with team members to create and implement integrated marketing campaigns that reinforce clients’ brand and organizational goals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert by monitoring and reporting on industry trends.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or related field required
- 3–5 years of previous experience in related field required
- Concentrated experience required in one of the following areas: web writing, content strategy, information architecture, design, social media marketing, email marketing, search engine marketing
- Experience with MS Office required
- Experience with offline marketing tactics, such as direct mail, billboards, radio spots, etc., preferred
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google AdWords preferred
- Proficiency in SEO best practices required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Strategic marketing experience required
- Usability and accessibility best practices experience preferred
- Social media and paid search strategies experience preferred
- Excellent proofreading skills preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
In addition to being an amazing Digital Marketing Strategist, you’ll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
- Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You’ll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one “supervising” you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
- A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
- Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others – and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
- Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You’re passionate about your discipline.
- A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
Occasionally requires overnight travel to client meetings