As a Digital Marketing Analyst you must have a desire for data. You must be excited by the ever-changing digital marketing landscape. You must enjoy pushing forward compelling marketing messages that make an impact on both users and organizations alike. This position is responsible for gathering, organizing, and analyzing data. And then, going beyond the numbers to translate that data into strategic recommendations for our clients and sales opportunities for our organization. It’s a special skill to make numbers come alive!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While you might get to work on just about everything at Geonetric, you’ll primarily:
- Gather information from clients regarding their current marketing strategy, performance and goals in order to plan new approaches.
- Develop unique web strategies and digital marketing solutions—defining how success will be measured for each—and help connect them back to clients’ organizational goals.
- Use data analysis, tracking and research, including the use of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, VitalSite, paid advertising platforms, social media channels and other tools, to assess the impact of digital marketing initiatives on online goals.
- Deliver reports on key performance indicators, measure against previous performance, gain valuable insight about web performance and recommend actions to move digital efforts forward.
- Collaborate with team members to understand client’s digital marketing efforts and align data reporting with overall client strategy.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on search engine optimization and analytics by monitoring and reporting on industry trends and mentoring team members.
- Recommend solutions based on website performance and analytics data, then work with the team to present findings to clients.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or related field required
- 3–5 years of previous experience in related field required
- Experience with MS Office required
- Experience with offline marketing tactics, such as direct mail, billboards, radio spots, etc., preferred
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google AdWords preferred
- Proficiency in SEO best practices required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Strategic marketing experience required
- Usability and accessibility best practices experience preferred
- Excellent proofreading skills preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
In addition to being an amazing Digital Marketing Analyst, you’ll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
- Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You’ll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one “supervising” you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
- A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
- Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others – and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
- Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You’re passionate about your discipline.
- A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
Occasionally requires overnight travel to client meetings